📷: Picture of our latest event volunteers.
The National Volunteer Week just started and we want to honor Jordan’s legacy by encouraging everyone to #LiveLikeSanti and give back to their community. Volunteering was a huge part of Jordan’s life, and we believe that it can be a fulfilling and enriching experience for everyone. If you’re not sure where to start, here are 10 benefits of volunteering that may inspire you to take the first step and get involved!
1. Personal fulfillment: Volunteering can provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment, as you know you are making a positive impact on others and your community.
2. Networking: Volunteering can help you meet new people, expand your social and professional network, and develop meaningful connections with like-minded individuals.
3. Skill development: Volunteering can offer opportunities to develop new skills or enhance existing ones, which can be valuable for personal and professional growth.
4. Career advancement: Volunteering can help you gain experience and knowledge in a particular field, which can enhance your resume and make you a more competitive job candidate.
5. Improved mental health: Volunteering has been linked to improved mental health outcomes, such as reduced stress, increased happiness, and a sense of purpose.
6. Physical health benefits: Volunteering can also provide physical health benefits, such as increased activity levels and improved overall health.
7. New perspectives: Volunteering can expose you to new perspectives and experiences, which can broaden your horizons and foster empathy for others.
8. Community involvement: Volunteering can help you feel more connected to your community, and contribute to a greater sense of social cohesion and solidarity.
9. Personal growth: Volunteering can challenge you to step out of your comfort zone and try new things, which can lead to personal growth and increased confidence.
10. Making a difference: Perhaps the most significant benefit of volunteering is the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of others and the world around you. By giving back, you can contribute to creating a better, more just, and more equitable society.
What are you waiting for?